Some quick stats on trade in goods data out today:
First up: aggregates:
- Aggregate exports are down once again in 2014: off 1.8% for the period January-April
- Much of this is down to pharma and organic chemicals, but declines overall were registered in 4 out of 9 categories, while four categories posted increases in exports.
- Trade surplus declined again, this time by 11.1%. Trade surplus dropped y/y in 6 out of 9 categories.
- Trade surplus dropped by a total of EUR1.357 billion, while exports declined by EUR527 million.
- The summary of sectoral contributions is provided below
Geographic breakdown of changes in exports and trade surplus is provided in the table below:
The above shows geographically wide-ranging declines in exports and trade surplus.
Post a Comment