Spot that Highly Competitive economy called Ireland?
Yep, that's right:
- Ireland ranks 27th in the Global Competitiveness Index 2012-2013 a great improvement in rankings from 29th place in 2011-2012 won by the massive internal devaluation on the sacrificial fields of defending the overvalued euro.
- Ireland rnaked 35th in Basic Requirements sub-index, 25th in Efficiency Enhancers sub-index and 20th in Innovation and Sophistication Factors sub-index
- Ireland ranks 131st in the world in Macroeconomic Environment,
- 108th in the world in Financial Markets Development,
- 20th in the world in quality of higher education and training,
- 18th in the world in business sophistication, and
- 21st in business innovation.
All results are, of course, skewed positively by the MNCs operating here.