Updated tables for world's most impacted countries and regions below. Starting with the countries with the highest recognized levels of infections:
- Andorra, Montenegro and Czechia are top three countries in the world in terms of infections rates
- Gibraltar, Czechia and San Marino are top three countries in the world in terms of mortality rates
- Of larger countries, with population > 100 million, the U.S. is the only country featured on both lists, while Mexico is on the list of countries with highest mortality.
- There are 57 countries on the list as of Thursday last week.
- Across three metrics used (infections rate, deaths per capita and mortality rate per case), Hungary is rated the worst, followed by Belgium and Bulgaria. Czechia and Slovakia share the 4th and 5th places.
- The U.S. is ranked 3rd highest in the number of infections, in the 8th place in terms of highest deaths per 1 million of population and in the 32nd place in terms of deaths per 1,000 infections. Overall, the U.S. is ranked 8th worst country in terms of pandemic performance across the three metrics.
Notably, majority of the most impacted countries are, currently, in the process of developing, or already experiencing, a new wave of the pandemic.