A very interesting (and revealing in terms of future strategies scope) set of videos from Goldman Sachs' Co-Head of Internet Banking (link here). Basic idea is that data analytics and efficiency drive - both via innovation - are the core sources of value in years ahead.
- Data supply/generation - high volume of generated data is an opportunity (nothing new here, though) for 'bifurcation' of the business models that will grow and those that won't.
- Proprietary data is the king
- Internal human capital (knowledge) to capture this advantage is the king-maker
- Enablement of this data via consumer-provider links is the battle ground
Frankly speaking, these are received wisdoms.
- Capacity utilization drives efficiency
- The rate of this drive/change/disruption is massive
Worth a watch!