Note: relevant competitors are in bold.
An interesting observation on PMI levels:
- In April Ireland ranked 18th in terms of its PMI reading (remember, PMI above 50 signals expansion);
- In May, this rank improved to 15th;
- But in June we slipped to 20th place of 24 countries.
- 3rd highest gain in mom between April and May;
- falling to 19th rate of change between May and June;
- between April and June we recorded 12th ranked result in terms of changes in PMI
Most notable is stellar performance of Switzerland.
Average PMI has declined from 56.1 in April to 53.9 in June, while standard deviation has fallen slightly from 4.4 in April to 4.3 in June. This means Irish PMI drop was broadly in line with the average.