A revealing table from the danske Bank H1 2012 results which hardly needs much of a commentary:
- Northern Ireland 3.5% of lending
- Banking Activities Ireland (non-toxic stuff) 4.16%
- Non-core Ireland (toxic stuff) 18.67%
- Total Banking Activities 0.80
- banking activities Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway from 0.17% to 0.47%
And that's about all you need to know.
But in case you want more - the report is available here.
Oh, and few more revealing tables:
Now, in the above, non-core (toxic) stuff from Ireland is accounting for 72.5% of all charges taken. Nicely done!