Capital acquisitions in industry in the third quarter of 2010 were €572.0m, compared with €735.6m in the third quarter of 2009 per CSO's latest data released this week. The main contributors to capital acquisitions were sectors:
- Food products with €69.2m.
- Pharmaceutical products and preparations with €49.3m.
- Other Manufacturing with €38.5m.
In 2009, the main contributors to capital acquisitions were:
- Basic pharmaceutical products and preparations €581.1mln
- Food Products €264.5mln
- Machinery and equipment n.e.c. €258.5mln
Total acquisitions in 2009 were €3126.4mln and Q1-Q3 2009 total was €2,438.9mln against €1,577.1mln for Q1-Q3 in 2010, implying a decline of 35.3% yoy.Clearly, no investment / capex restart anywhere in sight: