- 84% vote for the Programme for Government - which contains some good ideas (Site Value Tax / Land Value Tax) and some pretty bad ones...
- 31% against Nama.
- The Greens have sold the country to stay in power for another 6 months - the sentiment of several Party members who spoke to me. Reasoning: "we've been in the Government only a year and we need more time to make our policies reality". A fine argument assuming that once they lose power, their policies cannot be reversed/undone.
- The country got another taste of the sanctimonious and perverse Green ways (also a quote from a Party member), where members voted for Nama as their price tag for PfG. In other words, they sold the entire nation's future by hoisting Nama on this economy in order to gain few token concessions from the FF - a truly Machiavellian pact.
One of my sources alleged that these Northern Irish Greens were 'helped' to get to RDS by the party officials / leadership in order to secure today's vote. I was told that buses were used by the party to deliver them to Dublin. (I have no confirmation of this, so this is a rumor.)
So we might have a strange situation developing here:
- the taxpayers of this country have no say on Nama,
- while taxpayers of the other country do...